Saturday, May 20, 2006

Random News

My brother and I decided to commit to running in the La Salle Bank Chicago Marathon on October 22, 2006. It will be my third and James' first. Training separately will be a little difficult...long runs with no one to talk to can get slightly boring. Even the trusty iPod does't always keep you going.

I'm so excited!

B's youngest brother is getting married this summer. It's the last of the boys to get married so it's highly anticipated. As I am not in this one, I needed a dress to wear. I have a couple of LBDs...they are from 2001 and 2002 when I was about 10-15 pounds lighter and made of matte jersey--not the best adult-body friendly material. So I wanted something classy and sassy and something with a little more structure.

Here's the story: I tried on 5 dresses about a month ago at Kaufmann's (soon to be Macy's-and not soon enough!). The very first dress I put on was perfect. Very flattering, classic looking, structured, and it made me look tallish without the help of 3 inch heels.

I put all the dresses back thinking I was going to be in Boston--shop there--and I could try the Pink Bag (local boutique with the only true fashionable apparel in the area).

Last week, I went to the Pink Bag and tried on 8 dresses. The last one was divine. I felt sexy, sassy, yet classic and grown-up. The only problem--double the price of dress 1 at Kaufmann's. So, home I go.

That night I decided to hop over to Kaufmann's and just see if they have anything new. Not really. And, my dress--no where to be seen! YIKES! So I take a tour of the section and happen upon the 50% off rack. There it was...my dress...only one...and it was my size! I bought it. But, I'm still pining away over dress 2 and dress 1 has the receipt stapled to the tags, just waiting to be returned. I'm crossing my fingers that dress 2 will go on sale and will be waiting for me in a couple of weeks.

But for now...ta da! I'm planning red shoes with red beads and earings.


No comments: