Monday, April 24, 2006

Sewing and Smoothies



I wanted to share the tasty concoction I made on Sunday morning. This is an apple smoothie. It was a very non-traditional smoothie, one that didn't receive rave reviews upon presentation. I thought it was excellent and can't wait to have another.


Apple Smoothie
1 frozen banana
6 oz. vanilla soy yogurt (Silk)
3/4 pink lady apple, diced
2 apple juice ice cubes
pinch cinnamon
apple juice

1. blend banana-cinnamon in blender
2. add apple juice to achieve the perfect consistancy
3. garnish with a couple of scrapes of nutmeg and another pinch of cinnamon
(I used the apple skin too, more fiber!)

I went to JoAnn's yesterday (the coupon was burning a hole in my wallet!) to scope out the scrap fabric situation. I found 2 PERFECT fabrics for purses. I hauled out the Husqvarna Viking and began making a demo lunch bag using Apron #1 and #2 scraps. So far, so good.

No comments: