Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Demo Bag-It's a HIT!



It's a lunch bag! When I was making it, I kept thinking how my mother carries an ancient(I'm putting it nicely) canvas bag made for her by a student's mom. The last time I saw it there were multiple war wounds along with several peculiar stains. She gets snaps for her eco-friendly approach to the typical "brown-bag-lunch", but I can't imagine it's all that appetizing to eat out of it everyday. As I was sewing away I decided to do give my mother the lunch bag for her last hurrahs as an elementary school teacher.



I announced the completion of the demo to B from the other room and proudly walked into his office with my treasure hung carefully over my shoulder. His first words: are you sure you're going to be able to give that away? He knows me too well. I timidly said: sure, I can give it to my mom. She really needs it. But in my heart of hearts, I didn't know if I could actually part with the darling little thing.

I spoke with my mother last night. I forgot she upgraded to a thermal lunch box--watch out 21st century! She said she would love to carry my bag to school but she's all set and that I should really keep it as an example to show people. Thanks mom, you know me too well too!

With the demo quite successfully completed, I began on my very first purse. I wanted to show you the front panel, beaded last night during the eventful Cubbie game.



And for kicks, a couple different pics of that adorable little lunch bag!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you insane!!! its a BAG!!!!

Catherine Weber said...

That lunchbag is awesome! I love the fabrics. I wish I knew how to sew!

I use a laptop lunchbox, which I don't think would fit in your cool bag. How 'bout designing one that would fit those dimensions??? :)

My Inner Geek said...

Hi Catherine! I would love to design a lunch bag. The dimensions of my bag are 6 x 8 x 11. I don't own a Laptop Lunchbox yet, so I'm not sure on the dimensions. Let me know.

Eat Peace Please said...

This is beautiful. My taste 100%.

I would have secretly wanted to keep it as much as I would want to give it to Mom. Great idea and I love the fabric choices.