Sunday, April 02, 2006

Spring Sunday

Binghamton is experiencing it's spring-y weather, finally. The feeling of spring is, for me, incomparable. I love it. I feel rejuvinated. Thoughts of change, growth, re-dedication are ever present as the sun warms my skin, the sound of birds fills the house, and the scent of growing green things is in the air. I was inspired to cook something with a light and spring-like feel tonight. Food Network's Barefoot Contessa got me craving salmon and veggies.

Doesn't it look yummy?

Salmon Marinade
2 T dijon mustard
3 T soy sauce
5 T extra virgin olive oil
3-4 cloves garlic, minced

Directions

1. make marinade
2. cut salmon into nice size servings
3. in glass dish, cover the fish with half of the marinade
4. cover with foil and put in the fridge for at least 2 hours
5. heat grill or grill pan to med. high heat.
6. cook salmon 5 min on each side
7. drizzle reserve marinade on cooked fish and allow to sit for 5-10 minutes

I served the salmon with Jasmine rice which was jazzed up with freshly chopped parsley and scallions. I also served sugar snap peas and asparagus sauted in EVOO with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. The salad on the side is romaine, spinach, parsely, and sweet grape tomatoes with a simple dressing of dijon mustard, EVOO, and lemon juice.

B was in heaven.

This is what I choose to eat most of the time (the brussel sprouts are sometimes swapped out for broccoli or spinach). I just love baked potatoes!



My parents are coming to upstate New York for a short visit this week. Cleaning time is here! I'm also planning a terrific dinner for Wednesday night, topped off with 2 kinds of cupcakes!

1 comment:

My Inner Geek said...

It was tasty. I'm having a salad with cold salmon tomorrow, yum.....No, that wasn't meant to be a "his and hers" entry. I ate the salmon and loved it. The brussels and potato are illustrating my love of the basics.