Saturday, April 08, 2006

Cupcakes and Parents

I'm posting these pictures a little late (sorry L). My parents have been in town so I've been pre-occupied. Also, the best parents in the world bought me the sewing machine I've been drooling over for a couple of months. That probably better explains my tardiness in posting. But think of all the great pictures of craftiness yet to come!

I used cupcake recipes from Chocklyit's blog. I wouldn't have even imagined making cupcakes until I saw her blog and began to salivate. She is amazing in the baking department. When B turned 30 I made 3 different kinds of cupcakes based on recipes from Chocklyit's blog. They were all tasty but I had some difficulty in the decorating/frosting department, probably because I'm a perfectionist.

When I heard my parents were going to visit I got busy planning a special dinner and of course, some special cupcakes. I decided to make Roasted Leg of Lamb. WOW! It was really good. I didn't take pictures of the dinner because I had a re-re moment and it completely slipped my mind. I promise, J and S, that I will remember to take pictures of all the fun and tasty food I make so you can get dinner ideas!

Anyway, here are my cupcake results. The verdict from the mouths of the parents, delicious!


Here are all the cupcakes living together peacefully before frosting.


L and I have discussed (at length) the problem
of "cupcake collapse." The cupcakes baked in the special nut and candy containers acutally domed beautifully! The regular baking cups were just flat. I think part of my problem was the need for new baking powder. Buy new stuff people, it really does make a difference. Here are my "perfect ones." Needless to say, no one could eat them. They are too pretty.



I made chocolate cupcakes with mint buttercream frosting and sweet little mint green pastilles.



Lastly, I made vanilla cupcakes (just the plain cake was awesome) with mint flavored whipped cream filling and raspberry mousse on top. They are pretty cute.




No comments: