Monday, October 22, 2007

1 yr. Post the Post

Should I bother to explain? Over the course of the next few posts, the reasons for absence slowly be unveiled. Please be patient.

The News: B & I moved to Chicago! We recently settled into a cozy loft on Michigan Avenue-amazing views, close to the lake, transportation, restaurants, shops, my brother, B's entire family, friends, etc.

I received a job offer from a catering company in the suburb of Wheaton, which I accepted. We decided on where to live, based on this job. It seemed almost perfect...a little bit of sales, event management, & office management. The drawback to the job: the commute. It wasn't going to be perfect, but I was willing to train/drive for the experience I was about the gain.

The day before I was to begin I got a devastating call. They had reconsidered my position, didn't think I would last long, thought I would hate the commute...so I am currently looking for a job.

But check out our digs! Let's take a tour.




The long hallway flanked by our "art" leads to the main room.



The kitchen is much smaller than Binghamton's kitchen but I'm loving the "upgrades." We put up a storage system. B & I can make a pretty good team.















The bedroom gets plenty of sunlight with this partial wall. The bathroom is nondescript.







And the selling point of the condo was the office nook in the back for B. We only have two closets-hence the store looking thing in our bedroom. Eventually it will be covered with some sort of apparatus.

















The view is spectacular! We get to look out onto one of the most beautiful bodies of water every day.
Soldier Field: GO BEARS!




A little harbor.



3 comments:

Chris said...

Ann & Brad - your place looks beautiful! I can't wait to visit, get the couch ready.

Ann, I want to see some of those recipes you've been bragging about.

Miss you both!

~cm

Anonymous said...

hi ann omg i love ur house its like a manchin and its sooo pretty i love every room i realy want to come and visit you and maybe we could go to a bears game (i like the name its cute! lol) miss you <3 abby:)

Irick Petersen, C.Ped. said...

Hey, long time no hear. Glad to see you and B have settled into a beautiful loft and that your are back on the Post. I check every few months to see if there is an update. Now I'll have to look more frequently. All our love from Los Angeles. M, I & J and Libby too.